County Judge's Office
Welcome from County Judge Darryl Mahoney
GC $54 Million Road Bond (GC Sales & Use Tax Bond 2016)
- Project approved June 2016 by voters with 5/8 cent sales tax bond for county-wide road improvement projects.
- Project is broken down in two (2) main areas:
- MLK Extension of from Jct 70 W to Jct Highway 5 and 7 involves GC $30M cost share with Arkansas Highway Transportation Department
- Remaining $24M will be used to fund major road infrastructure projects across the county per the “Inter-Local Agreement.”
- “Inter-Local Agreement” for GC projects includes: Garland County, City of Hot Springs, City of Mountain Pine, City of Fountain Lake and Town of Lonsdale.
- B&F Engineering, Inc. has been retained (Contract December 14, 2016) as Project Manager to help coordinate all requested efforts on this project.
GC Communications System
- $5,580,000 Contract March 24, 2017, with Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Install new systems for migrating to the statewide interoperable 700-800 MHz AWIN (Arkansas Wireless Information Network) radio system.
- Involves purchase of two (2) new mountain sites from Weyerhaeuser (Pearcy Mountain and Blowout Mountain)
- Includes three (3) new towers: 300 feet on Pearcy Mountain; 100 feet on Ouachita Pinnacle Mountain; and 100 feet at our new 911 Call Center.
- Motorola will make infrastructure upgrades on a total of seven (7) tower sites.
- All work should be complete and tested by the end of the first quarter of 2018.
GC 911 Emergency Call Center
- French Architects, PA Contract December 12, 2016.
- $619,575 Contract February 23, 2017, with Moser Construction, LLC.
- Convert existing GC Jail for new five (5) workstation “State of the Art” 911 Call Center that can be expanded to ten (10) workstations.
- AT&T Contract April 10, 2017, to provide the infrastructure for the new 911 Call Center.
- Completion is expected by YE 2017, and operation by the end of first quarter 2018.
GC Animal Services
- Help evaluate current sharing services with the City of Hot Springs.
- Contract July 28, 2017, with Cromwell Architects Engineers for Phase I Schematic Design.
- GC and CHS are working to continue sharing services.
GC Court House Fire Protection System
- Contract September 18, 2017 with Taylor/Kempkes, Architects for engineering services.
- Provide new sprinkler system for Garland County Court House.
All road issues, please contact Tony Breshears at 501-767-9174. All Environmental Services issues contact Paul Thompson 501-622-3658