- Sheriff's Office
- Detention Center
The Garland County Detention Center supports the mission and vision of the Sheriff’s Office in promoting community safety by operating a secure, humane, and orderly facility through the judicious use of public funds.
Opening in 2015, the Garland County Detention Center is a 42 million dollar project on 57 acres of land, made possible by the County’s 3/8 cent sales tax. The facility itself covers 168,000 square feet, making it the largest Garland County-operated building. The facility consists of eight inmate housing units, an alternative sentencing unit, health services, inmate programs, a courtroom, food service, video visitation, maintenance/housekeeping, and a booking department.
The Garland County Detention Center is designed to operate under a direct supervision philosophy, which focuses on actively managing inmate behavior to sustain a facility that is safe and secure for visitors, staff, and inmates. Staff interact continuously with inmates in the housing units, reinforcing accountability while actively supervising to identify problems in their early stages.
This philosophical direction was determined by the county taxpayers so as to meet the needs of the Garland County community, the staff, and the inmates.
By operating under direct supervision, detention staff demonstrates exemplary service through distinction, benevolence, integrity, honor, and professionalism. Enabling the ability to safeguard the community, protect the innocent, keep the peace, and ensure the rights of all.
Since occupying the facility in 2015, the Garland County Detention Center has established itself as the elite facility in the State of Arkansas due to professionalism, discipline, and structure. In addition to the many accomplishments taking place on a daily basis through the retention of professional staff, the following are a few recognitions that the facility has received:
- Leading the State in professional Certified Jail Managers who are professionally trained and confirmed qualified in jail management. This certification is granted upon the successful completion of a rigid application and an intensive four-hour examination jointly prepared by the American Jail Association and the Jail Manager Certification Commission.
- Leading the Region in professional Certified Jail Officers. Awarded to line staff and first-line jail supervisors upon the completion of a three-hour examination which tests for competency and mastery of jail operation knowledge and skills at the line and first-line supervisory levels.
- Rank 1st nationally amongst other detention centers for the number of certified professionals through the ranks, as depicted by the American Jail Association.
- The Garland County Adult and Juvenile Detention Centers are the first and only facilities in the State to be fully compliant with the Department of Justice PREA Standards.
- Identifying means of continuous improvement through certifications, seeking accreditation, and formal assessments.
- Accredited through the American Correctional Association. Only 3% of jails nationwide have achieved this endeavor.
- Continually host prestigious community leadership programs through tours and enlightenment of facility operations.
- Received national acknowledgments through professional organizations, including the National Institute of Corrections, American Correctional Association, American Jail Association, Law Enforcement Coordinating Committee news, and U.S. News and World Report.
- Demo site for the University of Arkansas, Division of Agriculture.
- Received 100% compliance each year through the Jail Standards Review Committee Audit since 2015.
- Retain yearly attendance with the National Jail Leadership Command Academy, heightening the level or professionally trained staff throughout the ranks.
- Recognized by the Jail Standards Review Committee as operating the States leading programs/services department. With the aid of community volunteers, able to retain over 20+ inmate programs that contribute to building a safer community and facility.
- Sustaining a first-rate facility preventative maintenance program, which, compared against 1200 other government-type facilities, ranked above the top 20% in work order completions per year per technician.
- Striving daily to exceed the standards set forth by the local, state, and federal entities.
Pay Fines / Fees
Visit the Arkansas Online Court Payment website to pay your fines and fees.
Court Case / Judgement Lookup
Search for names, judgements against person or business, case information and more.
Adult Detention Center
Garland County Adult Detention Center